Name: 566
Title: 01.19.2020
Last modified: 2020-02-02
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #2  January 19, 2020

Active Roll Call (P – Present, N – Not Present, E - Excused):
Br. Triston Warren - P
Br. Harrison Powell - P - LATE
Br. Ross Trujillo - P
Br. Sam Korth - N
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Vikas Bhakta - P
Br. Alton Rayburn - P
Br. Bryce Goetz - E
Br. Tristan Hull - E
Br. Devin Bingham - N
Br. Mandeep Saha - P - LATE
Br. Sam Saley - P
Br. Putnam Franklin - P - LATE
Br. Grant Davidson - P
Br. Jordan McFadden - P - LEFT EARLY
Br. Chris Lamb - E
Br. Thomas Palmer - P
Br. Thomas Hill - N
Br. Ty Harris - P
Br. Matt Atteberry: - P
Br. Trey Grizzle - P
Br. Cameron Harizal - P
Br. Zach Monahan - P

Others:


OFFICER REPORTS

President:
Message from Br. Hull - Having fun at LTW, we will be moving to slack instead of GroupMe for Triangle business

VP:
There will be a meeting discussing LTW on Monday

Secretary:
Will get google calendar events up after the meeting

Treasurer:
Vote on passing the chapter budget
PASSED

Risk Management:
26 out of 27 people have completed Tightrope. We will discuss the last person later.

New Member Educator:
NTR

Academics:
I will be messaging everyone about their classes. Wants to get exam and essay dates from everyone so I can prepare people for those dates. Haven’t gotten everyone’s transcripts. Planning to reform the scholarship committee so we can reinstate it. Will be organized to promote good academics and opportunities for tutoring. If you need help throughout the semester, contact me.

Social:
I am figuring out Soonerthon registration for Triangle. There will be a kickback with ASK this Saturday at the Triangle house. Starting coffee days with ASK to get to know them better. If you have any organizations you would like to have events with, let me know.

Philanthropy:
There most likely won’t be philanthropy events during our recruitment period, but after that will start having the events. Any small philanthropy opportunities should be reported to me.

House Manager:
The leftover house manager budget money will likely be used for kitchen stuff.

House Director:
Need to get access cards to new people.

Athletics Chair:
NTR

Historian:
NTR

ASK Liaison:
Kickback Saturday.

Old Business:
Standards Board amendment
12/0/2 - PASSED

New Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes
Add amendment to put into writing how our meeting are currently being run, making it easier to appoint replacements for absent exec members:

Parliamentary Authority

The rules contained in the tenth edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Active Organization in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws, any special rules of order the Active Chapter may adopt, and any statues applicable to the Active Organization that do not authorize the provisions of these bylaws to take precedence.

Special Rules of Order

If both the President and Vice-President know they shall be absent from a meeting, the President shall appoint a President pro tem. to preside over the meeting in his place. The President pro tempore's office will terminate in the event of the arrival of either the President or Vice-President, or by a majority vote to elect a new President pro tem.

If the Vice-President knows he shall be absent from a meeting, he shall apoint an officer to preside over aftermeetings in his place. This office will terminate in the event of arrival of the Vice-President, or by a majority vote to elect a new presiding officer.

Announcements:
Craig: LAN Party 1/24, give me flashdrives you have so that I can set up games on the computers


Brother of the Week:
Br. Warren for picking up Rayburn from airport
Br. Midkiff for making pizza dough
Br. Harris and Br. Hill for cleaning kitchen - WINNER

Mophead:
None