Name: 550
Title: 08.18.2019
Last modified: 2019-08-27
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #1  August 18 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, N – Not Present, E - Excused):
Br. Darren Midkiff - P
Br. Triston Warren - P
Br. Harrison Powell - E
Br. Ross Trujillo - P
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Sam Penwell - E
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Vikas Bhakta - E
Br. Walter Wilson - E
Br. Alton Rayburn - P
Br. Bryce Goetz - P
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - E
Br. Mandeep Saha - E
Br. Sam Saley - E
Br. Putnam Franklin - P
Br. Grant Davidson - P
Br. Jordan McFadden - E
Br. Chris Lamb - P
Br. Thomas Palmer - P
Br. Thomas Hill - P
Br. Ty Harris - E

Others:
Trevor Cooper, BOD President
Joe Scaggs, House Superintendent


OFFICER REPORTS

President:
We are going to go ahead and do nominations so we can vote next week at the first meeting.
Rayburn, Fugate, Saley, Hill
Brother Rayburn will be filling presidential duties during IGC.

VP:
By first official meeting I will have pinning, retreat, and i-week dates.


Secretary:
I will be starting accountability reports during the second week of school. So, please stay up to date with academics, social events, work days, and all the other fun stuff that comes with being a brother.
I have tried to add rush events to the calendar as I have seen them in group chats, but please check the calendar if you are running an event and tell me if it isn't there.
On that note, if you can’t access the calendar or the google drive, or aren’t sure how, send me a DM and I will get you set up.
One thing that I am going to do, because I think it will be fun, is that I will be giving out various awards at the end of the semester. If you don’t think that will be fun, then be more fun. Some of my ideas are: Outstanding Academics for the best GPA, Most Improved GPA for the most improved GPA, Most Philanthropic for most service hours completed, Mop Head of the Semester for going above and beyond in the house, Quote of the Semester, Handyman Award for the best project completed, Master Debater Award for the most argumentative person, and Participation Award, for someone who was really helpful, but you just can’t put your thumb on how. I will be acquiring and announcing the prizes for these awards over the course of the semester, and I might reach out to some of you for your opinions, especially the related officers.

Treasurer:
I am almost done with the budget. I have to talk to a few more people. I will be posting it in the next week in Official.

Risk Management:
Whoever has the box of stuff in the game room, get rid of it.

Recruitment:
We are having rush. If you are curious about the events, ask me. We are going to push our Alumni cookout to the 14th.

Academics:
This is the first semester of our new academics system. I will need to meet with everyone to get their overall and last semester’s GPA, so I will try to be around the house as much as possible so that we can get that done. That will count as your academics meeting for the month.
Classes start tomorrow, so please start out strong. I feel like everyone I have talked to feels like they’re going to have a really rough semester. The best thing we can do is to go to our classes. We have to start working really hard now so we don’t have to try to recover at the end of the semester.
If you are heading into a class that you think might give you some trouble, reach out to me and I will try to find someone who would be willing to tutor you or just give you some guidance. Don’t start looking for someone after you start struggling, because then it is too late, get ahead of it now. I would love to see our chapter GPA this semester jump up quite a bit from the past, but it is going to take work from us to make that happen.

Social:
NTR

Philanthropy:
We are going to be doing things a little different. I have opened up the system to become a host system. For example I am going to be kicking things off with my own hosted event. Weekly trips to an animal shelter once a week in groups of four. The shelter is a smaller shelter that needs a lot of help. We will be sending multiple groups over multiple weeks.

House Manager:
First off, dishes, pathetic. I am going to teach you to wash dishes.
Bathroom etiquette, flush, replace stuff.
If there is anything in your room that is broken, I will fix it if you pay for it. Otherwise, give me a price check and I can try to get fouts to pay for it.
Parking is terrible right now.
Dish schedule after everyone is moved in.
Personal trash doesn’t go in the trash cans. Just take it to the curb.
There is general stuff around that needs to be done, but give me a list and we will start trying to get things done.
Thanks to everyone who has lived in. It has been awesome to have the help.

House Director:
This was supposed to be done today. I will have to call the conractors.
If you have problems please tell me so we can take pictures and that will cover both of us.
We have keycards now, so get with me to fill out a form so that if you lose it I can make you pay for it.
There is a mastercode, and only Alton and I will know that from here on out.

Athletics Chair:
Sports. There are lots this semester. Triathlon. Golf, sand volleyball, racquetball.

New Member Educator:
NTR

Historian:
NTR

ASK Liaison:
NTR

Steward:
We already have volunteers. Chapter dinner is meatball subs with oven roasted potatoes.

Old Business:

New Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes - Pass

Announcements:
Hull: I sent Mike Fouts an email letting him know about the fact that when we pay our rent online we are billed a 2.5% fee one month later, and then when we pay that, we are billed another month later a fee for that, etc. I simply asked if there was anything that could be done to change this. If he doesn’t seem to want to do anything, I will start pressing harder in my emails.

Midkiff: I asked Mike where in the contract he could charge that fee, and he said he doesn’t know but his attorney knows.

BOD President: We had a board meeting today. Discussed house, leases, etc. Big things are this year we are doing founders November 16th. There is no home game. Please put that in your calendar. If you want to attend board meetings Oct 6th, and November 17th right after founders day. I made it clear to the actives that were there, if you have ideas for alum events or things you want support for, please let me know.

Fugate: Give Saley on congratulations on recruitment work.

Franklin: When are we getting composite?

Parackal: ASAP

Warren: Subsidized rent?

Cooper: Reach out to Greg Arleth

Rayburn: We needed more people than our masterlease, so it won’t be happening.

Midkiff: I believe that the rent from Joe should be going to the chapter because Joe is not counted in the number of people living in the house.

Lamb: T-Shirt design will be done by next saturday.


Brother of the Week:
Rayburn:
People living in: Winner
People who worked:

Mophead: Korth for showing up and working all over the kitchen