Name: 543
Title: 04.07.2019
Last modified: 2019-04-14
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #12  April 7 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, NP – Not Present, Ex - Excused):
Br. Adam Aab - P
Br. Wyatt Maney - E
Br. Trevor Cooper - P
Br. Steven Narum - N
Br. Darren Midkiff - P
Br. Mathew Borum - P
Br. Triston Warren - N
Br. Greg Arleth - P
Br. Nate Grady - N
Br. Harrison Powell - P
Br. Ross Trujillo - P
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Colin Plunkett - P
Br. Jack Zoellner - N
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Matt Wilson - P
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Jordan Masterson - P
Br. Vikas Bhakta - P
Br. Walter Wilson - E
Br. Jarand Kennedy - P
Br.Alton Rayburn - P
Br. Bryce Goetz - P
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - E
Br. Mandeep Saha - N
Br. Sam Saley - P
Br. Putnam Franklin - P
Br. Grant Davidson - E

Mr. Camil Gosmanov - Not present
Mr. Chris Lamb - Not present
Mr. Jordan McFadden - Not present
Mr. Thomas Hill - Not present
Mr. Thomas Palmer - Not present
Mr. Ty Harris - Present

Others:


OFFICER REPORTS

President:
Drew Hobson gave us the results from the pyramid test. We can improve things before the June deadline. Called out reps of governing council, house, strong relationship with staff, strong exec. Lack of alum engagement, lack of programming, too many disincentives.
April 18th is the Founders day for IGC, please try to be there. We are going to try to loan out DJ equipment.

VP:
Show up please to IGC founders. Shirts are going to be ordered before the end of this week. Clear your schedule for I-Week. If you want to help please let me know.

Secretary:
New Constitution. Moved to LaTeX with version control so we don’t have any more issues about what is correct and what is not. All numbering is done automatically so we don’t have to worry about little details like that. Amending the constitution should be much easier now.

Treasurer:
Third and final payment of dues are due today. Pay your dues. Mandeep Saha and Steven Narum have not yet paid their dues, and if they don’t pay by the end of the day, there will be a vote for expulsion, then for suspension if that doesn’t pass, then an emergency meeting will be called if that doesn’t pass.

Risk Management:
Apologies for how some of the stuff Tuesday was handled. Nationals is happy. They have deferred it to the standards committee. Besides that, the guy from nationals is happy to put Narcan in the first aid kit. I am going to try to get the list done by wednesday so I don’t have to put 100 MREs. There is a new insurance thing. Because we have a house the insurance is going up. 5% increase in risk management fee.

Recruitment:
NTR

New Member Educator:
Um, know your code of ethics. Will be testing you on all of them this following week. We are going to have one or two more and then I-Week. You have all learned pretty much everything. Please work on your black books.

Academics:
Sorry for my hiatus. I was not in the best place mentally. I am back now. Well, votes coming up soon, so yeah, um, I understand whichever way you vote. I am trying to work through classes I missed throughout that period. I won’t hold anything against you.

Social:
Trying to reserve a bay for friday for top golf. Depending on when people can do it, it might cost too much. PMA event next week. Board games with Phi Lamb coming up. Movie night: Glass this week. Probably will post about hosting an event friday night.

Philanthropy:
So I met with the big event people this week. Going to apartments to help with yard work. Lunch provided. One volunteer for driving. T-shirt pickup is tomorrow. Between 1 and 4 tomorrow. There will be a kickoff at 8:30 on saturday that I highly recommend you go to. I will let you guys know where and when to be. Free breakfast that morning then we can all discuss how we are going to meet there.
Penwell: Standard is 10 hours per person per semester. We will work that out for next semester. That isn’t mandatory, but it would put us at the minimum for the pyramid test.
Arleth: Last year I said that we as a chapter did 4 service hours. We have drastically improved since last year.
Philanthropy: I will slowly increase that. If you would like to see more events please let me know and I will get that planned.

House Manager:
House looks good! Don’t use the toilet paper and not replace it. Also put it on the rack. That is about it. Please tell me when we are out of supplies. If the TP is not flapped over then you are terrible

House Director:
Curious as to how many people are wanting to live in over the summer. I belive that four people are wanting to do that. Joe Scaggs is considering being House Director/Superintendent next semester and this summer. And then, as far as I know we have four people. Fouts wants someone at the house because of the construction. We need more people otherwise it won’t happen.
Neal: Mike wants us to switch lawn service companies, found one that will do the same work for half the price. It’ll be $175 per month. We are paying $350 per month even during the winters. Got info back from the insurance company. Three hits: Hood cleaning, electrical outlets, doesn’t like deadbolts or keypads on the outside doors. Will let you know what we are going to do as soon as I find out.
Trying to fix that so it looks nice. Outside construction is going to start in May because there will be dangerous construction around the house.
Cooper: Good chance that you can’t park back there while the construction is going on.
Korth: If you ever get a denial from OU about the parking lot over there.
Midkiff: Don’t know if an ISP would want to do it, but it might be able to work with our IDs.
Neal: Penwell, have you gotten with trevor?
Penwell: I haven’t because of the thing with Jill. That would be satisfied if Joe is a live in.
Neal: What is going to happen when he leaves?
Penwell: IGC requires that we have a resident graduate assistant in the house or a faculty house director. Mike Fouts’s current plan is to have a house director position and a handyman that is on call. House manager duties go up some, director is a position and they make appointments with the handyman. It has been met because we have neal, but we won’t have him after this summer.
Midkiff: This is a FSSL thing and not an IGC thing?
Penwell: Yes.
Korth: What are the consequences of violating that contract.
Cooper: You are no longer a registered student organization
Arleth: You will have to talk to them. They will try to support you as much as they can.
Penwell: We can get into it now or wait. We can hire a brother that is over 21 to live in and fill the position. They will continue to do the house director position like Greg is now.
Neal: My suggestion is that in the long run that is something that needs to be permanently established. I recommend that it is an active over 21. With the BoD, they want a house director position, just have the active do that.
Cooper: Mike is looking into a graduate fellowship position that would be the be all end all about this.
Arleth: A/C was checked. They didn’t get all the way through a thermostat in neals room. And then the condenser needs to be fixed. I have their number so I will contact them later this week.

Athletics Chair:
Softball, lost both games. Sports.
Cooper: Come cheer us on!

Historian:
I posted about our retreat on instagram and created a new profile picture or icon for triangle fraternity. It is a deltat with OU under it. It looks cleaner. I have pictures from events and stuff. Do you want me to upload them to the drive? (Yes)
Korth: Could you make a slideshow at the end of the year?
Historian: Yes

ASK Liaison:
Absent

Steward:
Chicken pot pie filling with biscuits. 100 something biscuits and like a ton of filling. Blue Bell ice cream for after.
Cook: Ty and Jarand
Clean: Vikas and Arleth

Old Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes - Passing
Vote on Harrison Powell: 14 - 2 - 2
New Academics chair: Hull wins

Elect Risk Management
Maddra: Wins
Franklin:
Bingham:
Elect House Manager
Rayburn: Wins
Fugate:
Hull:
Franklin:

New Business:
Amendment Proposals
Bylaws to part II, Article 11, Section 5: If a member of the Active Organization fails to meet their required philanthropy hours for a semester, they will lose their right to attend social events. The member may have this right restored by making up the hours in a manner deemed acceptable by the Philanthropy Chair.
Bylaws to part II, Article 1, Section 6: The Academics Chair shall promote and encourage the highest possible academic achievement of each active and pledge. The Academics Chair is in charge of mandatory weekly academics meetings for members with an average of their overall GPA and last semester GPA below 3.0. The accountability report of the Academics Chair consists of records of each member’s attendance at required academics meetings.
Bylaws to part II, Article 11, Section 3: If a member of the Active Organization fails to attend a required academics meeting as defined by the Scholarship chair, they will lose their right to attend social events. The member may have this right restored by attending two consecutive academics meetings..

Announcements:
112th National Founders day on the 16th. Chuy’s. So we are getting a lot of that. Alums are coming back. Later this week I am going to go out and buy tablecloths. If you think you are going to be there just let me know. I will do -1 because Darren isn’t going to want to eat.

Applying for Active councilman.


Brother of the Week:
Noah Craig for adding version control: Wins
Vikas for taking person to taco bell:
Sam and Greg for setting up dates:
Sam Saley for those sick moves:
Brinkmeyer for being involved:
Cooper for covering shift:

Mophead: Parackal, Plunkett, Fugate