Name: 541
Title: 03.24.2019
Last modified: 2019-03-24
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #9  March 24 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, NP – Not Present, Ex - Excused):
Br. Adam Aab - P
Br. Wyatt Maney - P
Br. Trevor Cooper - P
Br. Steven Narum - E
Br. Darren Midkiff - E
Br. Mathew Borum - E
Br. Triston Warren - E
Br. Greg Arleth - P
Br. Nate Grady - E
Br. Harrison Powell - E
Br. Ross Trujillo - E
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Colin Plunkett - P
Br. Jack Zoellner - E
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Matt Wilson - E
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Jordan Masterson - E
Br. Vikas Bhakta - E
Br. Walter Wilson - E
Br. Jarand Kennedy - E
Br.Alton Rayburn - E
Br. Bryce Goetz - E
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - E
Br. Mandeep Saha - E
Br. Sam Saley - E
Br. Putnam Franklin - E
Br. Grant Davidson - E

Mr. Camil Gosmanov - E
Mr. Chris Lamb - E
Mr. Jordan McFadden - E
Mr. Thomas Hill - E
Mr. Thomas Palmer - P
Mr. Ty Harris - E

Others:


OFFICER REPORTS

President:
We are going to do chapter endowment fund during new business.
Greek preview day on March 30th. Doing differently this semester. Mostly about service and what you can do for other but also advertising ourselves. Meeting later and will ask more about that. Saturday march 30th.

VP:
Raining all week in Tulsa. We may have to push back retreat but I will let you know ahead of time.

Secretary:
I did accountability reports for the first time this semester. It took me a while to get that going. I know it is annoying that we have to do that now, but it is in the constitution and its to keep us all held to our requirements and responsibilities. That being said, after logging all of the data for the accountability reports, we only have four brothers that are allowed to attend social events out of 32. A large majority of this is because of study hours. That is all I have to say.
Add the link to official.

Treasurer:
Good Job.

Risk Management:
Restocking the first aid kit soon because it is getting low. Suggestions to add narcan and a drug identification kit. Narcan is $79 for a bottle. In regards to cheap narcan, back in MO there is some places that you can get narcan use training and a small amount of supplies. I can say that up until a few weeks ago we could give it out to people who were on prescription medication for opioids. If someone can find it somewhere else that would be great.
Korth: Maybe talk to insurance about it?
Maddra: We might be able to get Fouts to pay for it if it can go in the emergency kit.

Recruitment:
NTR

New Member Educator:
Retreat is coming up maybe, we will see. Pledges, practice code of ethics. That is pretty much all I have to say. Please work on Black Books. Get it done as early as possible. Actives don’t run away from BBs.

Academics:
NTR

Social:
Wednesday 7 we will have a social mixer to make dog treats.

Philanthropy:
Absent/NTR

House Manager:
Uhhhhh, yay, idk, mop head to trevor and Greg. Clean, throw things away, flush, don’t shave over urinal

House Director:
Sold things, at $150. I will continue. Also, those that live in house, getting close to finishing house plans. May ask you at some point to see if I can have access to your room. That is it.

Athletics Chair:
Soccer, first game this week. Thursday at 6. Come support us. We have a Co-Ed team with ASK friday at 4. Softball deadline is Wednesday. Please sign up. We need more people to realistically do it. Sports. Footgolf, sign ups sometime.

Historian:
Absent/NTR

ASK Liaison:
Absent/NTR

Steward:
One volunteer to cook with Putnam: Craig
Two volunteers to clean: Penwell, Fugate

Old Business:
Chapter endowment fund:
Move to allocate $1775 towards 8 extendable tables - Seat 64 people max.
Vote: Unanimous yes
Allocate $330 towards a Canon 733 laser printer.
Vote: Passes - 1 Abstain
Maney: Can I see the table
Cooper: Go with slightly cheaper printer
Maney: Keep one of the tables for the library
Remainder on office supplies:

New Business:
Pass Meeting Minutes - Pass
Giving Harrison a notice that we will vote on it.
Wondering what is being done about internet.
Arleth: Was going to make a proposal, but no one has gotten back to me about that. I might also talk to Fouts this semester. Best Buy is supposedly out national IT Provider to see what geek squad would quote us for.

Announcements:
Cooper: Founders day on the 13th. Plan is to have it here at 6:30. Plan is to set up tables in here and cater food. Don’t know what it will be. If you have suggestions, let me know. Alton wants Chili’s. Torchys, Chuy’s, BWW. Shoot Trevor a message. 6:30-8:30.
Parking lot: Met with neighborhood last sunday and discussed ideas. Neighbors want us to acquire the parking lot near Catlett. Plan is to meet with head of parking so that we can tell the neighbors that it won’t work. Some of the neighbors don’t really like it. Doubt that we can be excluded from the historic district. Mike Fouts is going to be here on the April 27th because on the 29th Mike, Trevor, Greg are going to meet with City Planner to talk about what we need to do to make the Parking Lot happen. Zoning, updates, etc, etc, etc.
Going to meet with the architect across the street and he might help us update this place.

Steven Thung makes an announcement
TShirts: Approved, Adam, set the link up to work? Noah will order them. You can do it cheaper if you go to the place North of Robinson of Flood for like $12 a shirt.
We are going to Turkey Mountain.
Campus Olympics was a lot of fun. Grats to Jordan Masterson. Big game of manhunt running around campus. Got yelled at. It was really fun. Hard to explain, lots of running. Free, no requirements. Another one this week on tuesday or wednesday?
Appoint a T-Shirt Chair for the future:
Arleth: Nominate Chris Lamb, Colin Plunkett
Will talk to him. If he is cool with it I am going to appoint him.
Korth: Rules and regs 11.
Go to Avengers Endgame movie? Hang out after. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.
Does anyone want to go see Apollo 11 next week?



Brother of the Week:
Alton for hosting Spring Break Event - Winner
Joe Scaggs

Mophead: Cooper and Arleth