Name: 539
Title: 03.03.2019
Last modified: 2019-03-10
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #8  March 3 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, NP – Not Present, Ex - Excused):
Br. Adam Aab - P
Br. Wyatt Maney - P
Br. Trevor Cooper - P
Br. Steven Narum - N
Br. Darren Midkiff - P
Br. Mathew Borum - P
Br. Triston Warren - P
Br. Greg Arleth - P
Br. Nate Grady - N
Br. Harrison Powell - P
Br. Ross Trujillo - E
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Colin Plunkett - P
Br. Jack Zoellner - N
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Matt Wilson - P
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Jordan Masterson - N
Br. Vikas Bhakta - P
Br. Walter Wilson - E
Br. Jarand Kennedy - P
Br.Alton Rayburn - N
Br. Bryce Goetz - P
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - P
Br. Mandeep Saha - N
Br. Sam Saley - P
Br. Putnam Franklin - P
Br. Grant Davidson - P

Mr. Camil Gosmanov - Not present
Mr. Chris Lamb - Not present
Mr. Jordan McFadden - Not present
Mr. Thomas Hill - Not present
Mr. Thomas Palmer - Present
Mr. Ty Harris - Present

Others:


OFFICER REPORTS

President:
Drew Hodson is making a visit from 4/3 to /5 to meet with exec. He is the director of chapter services, likely to perform the pyramid test on us. He seems to be pretty cool. We will see him on the first.
Know Your Chapter meeting on Thursday.
VP:
B/L moved to next sunday, dress formal, show up.
T-Shirts need to be updated to this year.

Secretary: Calendar stuff, accountability reports

Treasurer:
Second payment of dues next week.

Risk Management:
NTR

Recruitment:
NTR

New Member Educator:
First new member quiz this past week, results were about what I expected. Make sure to finalize pledge class name.

Academics:
Started study hours last week. Not holding back events because some people didn’t know. We have a nice spreadsheet that you can use to submit hours. When I was trying to enter hours I accidentally edited the document, please make it so that doesn’t do that. I would like to keep logging with the google form. With picture evidence, you said I can get hours for that. Is there any way I can get that to you? Powell: Just send that to me on GroupMe. Warren: Are we allowed to get hours outside the house. For example, studying with friends. Powell: If you can convince me that you needed to work on your desktop and couldn’t do it in the house, then I can give 2-3 hours for that. For group work, I need a picture of the work. I will submit for hours outside the house.

Social:
Next week, IGC. Friday is ASK Masquerade ball. I will post location in brotherhood events.
We will make dog treats to take to animal shelters.
April 5th we will have a video game night with APO.

Philanthropy:
Deadline to sign up for BE is 5 days from now, please do that as soon as possible. Register under Triangle.

House Manager:
Table in front hall, don’t put anything on that except packages. Don’t just push stuff down when throwing stuff away, take it out.

House Director:
Got a guy from ebsco to review wifi. Getting a quote on upgrading hardware. Anyone running their own router should turn it off and just run off the manor wifi. I will disconnect the airports so that everything is running off the manor wifi itself. If it doesn’t work we will go from there.
Cooper: Who is interested in living in for the summer? A few. If we get 5 people Mike would be okay with that. It should cost the same as usual. I can negotiate with Mike at that point. The other thing, they are remodeling the wood on the outside of the house. There is a slight chance you won’t be able to use the parking lot. Mike was supposed to get it designed, so now we need to get an architect out to design a new lot. Once that is approved, Mike can break ground on the parking lot. Once we cover that, we can have it built.
Midkiff: Is there any chance of the lot breaking ground this summer? If we have more control I think we should wait until after football season.
Cooper: The hope was in the fall, what ends up happening is now we have to get through the design process, and luckily the neighbors like us. The parking lot will have to move over into the side of the house but we will need shrubbery so the neighbors don’t see it. We are hoping for 31-34 spots. I think that with that we can get the design made then it doesn’t matter when we break ground.
Borum: Why is he making us foot the bill?
Cooper: Due to the court case, Mike doesn’t control the money for TBHC. He has to have it all approved. There is a slight chance that building the lot would reopen the court battle. We have to get through all of that so that TBHC doesn’t have the risk on their side to build it and lose money to Norman. We need 18 living in next semester. Legally we have 13, but we can fit 17. We might be able to make it by, but we will really need one. Starting the year after next 2020-21, we need to start doubling up rooms in the house. Max capacity is 32-31 and our master lease takes us up to 26 in total. With the help of Neal we will decide which rooms will be doubles. We will make Neals into a double. Whoever doubles will pay lower rent. 300 for doubles is what I am shooting for. That being said, we are going to get all new furniture everywhere once we hit that 2020-21 year. They are more than willing to do that once we need it. There are a lot of room that are big enough for this.
Arleth: Sign your lease
Cooper: I told mike that 20-22 people were projected to live in. Since we only need 18 to live in, that money will come back to the chapter. Mike will pay us $1100 every month since we would have more than required living in.
Warren: Subsidized rent?
Cooper: Yes, that is what that money is for. It is cheaper to pay for the academic year, but you can do monthly or semesterly.

Athletics Chair:
Woo! Uh, so, we need people to play soccer. Deadline is a week and a half from today. People in the soccer groupme, please sign up. Sports!

Historian:
NTR

ASK Liaison:
Some events with them

Steward:
Cook: Kennedy, Ty
Clean: Warren, Wilson
MASSIVE HUG IN THE MIDDLE OF MEETING

Old Business:

New Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes for Week 7 - PASSED

Announcements:
Neil: So, uhh, just like we talked about, Mental Health First Aid training Friday and Saturday 5-9. Open the email, create an account, make a profile, it will add you to the class. Friday at 5:00, I want to do it downstairs. It is a death by powerpoint, lots of group work, volunteering, discussion, etc. Lots to cover. I will go quick. Bring a writing utensil and $20. I will give you a book and we will go from there. For those of you who want to do it again, I am planning on doing another one in April. We can open this to brothers, IGC, and anyone else who wants to do it. Like I said, it will be intense, so be prepared. At the two hours mark you will get a break. I will encourage minimal use of electronics. There will be lots of participation. Friday and Saturday 5-9. Something nationals may be super interested in this. Once the course is complete, I will log in and make sure you showed up, then you will get another email to take a survey. Once you click submit, you will get an email with your link to your certificate. Anything else?

Warren: So, next weekend, anyone can go to the airsoft field. Around $30. They changed the pricing. If you want to go, let me know or show up. Wear a hoodie and jeans.
Wyatt: I am disappointed with someone for putting up stickers.
Korth: If you want a supreme sticker, come find me.
Arleth: I will do makeup pictures today.
Midkiff: OU is doing a musical, the props are nice, the set is nice, the costumes are nice, but the musical is really bad so don’t go.
Penwell: Friday through Sunday at the beginning of spring break, Hunter Befort will be here, say hi so he can see people. Also, business meeting is formal, please stay off your phones. Everyone is giving up their time. I would appreciate it if you were attentive.

Brother of the Week
Rayburn - Hanging horns - Wins

Mophead: None