Name: 538
Title: 02.24.2019
Last modified: 2019-03-03
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #7  February 24 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, NP – Not Present, Ex - Excused):
Br. Adam Aab - P
Br. Wyatt Maney - P
Br. Trevor Cooper - P
Br. Steven Narum - N
Br. Darren Midkiff - P
Br. Mathew Borum - N
Br. Triston Warren - P
Br. Greg Arleth - P
Br. Nate Grady - E
Br. Harrison Powell - N
Br. Ross Trujillo - E
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Colin Plunkett - P
Br. Jack Zoellner - N
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Matt Wilson - E
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Jordan Masterson - P
Br. Vikas Bhakta - P
Br. Walter Wilson - E
Br. Jarand Kennedy - P
Br.Alton Rayburn - P
Br. Bryce Goetz - P
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - P
Br. Mandeep Saha - P
Br. Sam Saley - P
Br. Putnam Franklin - E
Br. Grant Davidson - E

Mr. Camil Gosmanov - E
Mr. Chris Lamb - E
Mr. Jordan McFadden - E
Mr. Thomas Hill - P
Mr. Thomas Palmer - P
Mr. Ty Harris - P

Others:
IGC Exec board:
I came and visited a couple months ago. I am here to introduce exec.
Raising dues: current is $10. Mostly goes to founders ball, April 18th. Wanted to do more for you all. Since we are the third biggest, we are third in pay. That is a big push for people to be in IGC, but we are asking for $12. I know that is a lot.. *MURMUR* this $2 will go to making founders ball better, with more bigger events, and also to create a fund so that chapters can apply to have events hosted for them with money from that fund. Darren: $2 per member per semester? L: Yes.
VP of Finance is open, if you would be interested, please come apply.
Parackal: Working to make sure people are having a good time
You guys can call me sess, my mission is to really make resources a part of new member education like Gender and Equality Center and Goddard. I want our chapters to grow because they have the ability and I want you guys to have resources for recruitment.
Compton: Host an event problems students face that aren’t being talked about.
Founders ball April 18th. Please come out.
In the fall we are going to take more input from you about events you all want.
Alene: Vice President of Public Relations. Goals for this year is to get all councils to know each other. Follow OU_IGC on Instagram. We post the events. We want you to go to other chapters’ events.
VP of Admin sends out weeklies to chapter representatives. If you want events sent out, tell her. Thank you for letting us take your time.



OFFICER REPORTS

President:
One thing that I have to talk about is that we have an endowment fund that goes away June 15th. My immediate thought is using it to fix the Wifi. We need to discuss soon. Needs to be distributed by that date.
Aab: Is that a loan?
Pen: This is essentially free money
Cooper: Some alums got together and created this fund. We can take like 12% or so out and it can only go to educational things. If it helps with studies it can be funded by this.

VP:
Please wear formal for Big/Little. I will be enforcing that. I am going to talk to vendors. Alton will help. Big/Little will be at 5:00. If you cannot make it please talk to Joseph. If you will be late, it takes a minute so you could probably be fine. Next sunday at 5:00.

Secretary:
Tell me when you want things on the calendar.

Treasurer:
Pay your dues


Risk Management:
Safety meeting didn’t happen. Will be this Tuesday at 7:00. Not totally required, but please go.

Recruitment:

New Member Educator:
Hey guys, all pledges are caught up, so good job! They were all in the same room at once, so that was great. Just so you know, we will keep the normal times. I will administer the first quiz this week. There was some incorrect information posted, but I will give you access to the errata.
Maney: Did they select officers.
PC: Yes. Chris Lamb - President, Thomas Palmer - Vice President, Chamille - Treasurer, Jordan McFadden - Secretary

Academics:
Absent
Call to volunteer to proctor? Did he express when he is going to enforce hours?
Pen: Nope

Social:
We have dance practice 7:00 Saturday. I will give you more details later.
Movie night? Greggory: New Stargate
Events with other organizations soon.
Fugate: Phi Lam?
Korth: Getting current contact info from them.
Aab: Date party?
Korth: After spring break.

Philanthropy:
Special thank you to everyone who volunteered at the open house. 70-100 people for most of the exams. Please sign up for Big Event. Let me know if you have questions. April 13th. Will let you know when we get our assignment.

House Manager:
House looks good. No mop head.

House Director:
Tristan and I fixed the doorknob. The elevator has new oil, less noise on the 3rd floor. There is a phone, it will be set up this week. I have been slacking on this, but will be reaching out to ISPs about house internet. Finally, I am selling the flat bench in the gym for $30 today.
Warren: We have an extra doorknob now. 2nd floor door knob got replaced, so it wouldn’t be good for a room.

Athletics Chair:
Woo! Sports. Pickleball happened, let’s move on. Soccer, softball, coming up soon. Please sign up. Please god sign up right now. Someone wants to play. There are like 4 people but we need 8 people. It is once a week, and it’s fun.

Historian:
NTR

ASK Liaison:
Absent/NTR

Steward:
Volunteers to cook: Greg Arleth, Ty Harris
Volunteers to clean: Masterson, Thomas Palmer

Old Business:

Vote on the amendment proposed last week that would add a bylaws section for policies relating to appointed officers immediately following the bylaws relating to the elected officers, and would give the president the power to appoint positions that can be approved by a simple majority vote at a chapter meeting.
Vote: 4 - 9 - 6, motion fails

New Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes for week 6 - Passed

Announcements:

Rayburn: If you want to come to my place to have fun and be friends as a chapter.
Warren: That podium, don’t put it on top of the vending machine. Don’t put it on the door. I was looking at the calendar, the morning of March 9th. Wants to go play airsoft. $25 to go.
Arleth: March 8th and 9th, start of Neil’s mental health first aid training 5-9 each day. $20 for the materials.
Parackal: Robotics competition March 8th and 9th.
Midkiff: There are no names on the bar. I need to laser cut names onto wood, sand it, and put it up. Hopefully in the next couple of week. If you pay $100 you can get your name on the bar.
Cooper: On March 7th 6:30 to 8:30 we are doing th IGC come here and learn about triangle thing. Please give me information that you want me to talk about. Cereal and soldering.


Brother of the Week:
Vikas: 11 - Winner
People who supported Trevor: 7
Korth, Rayburn, other volunteers: 2

Mophead: None

Quote of the Week: