Name: 532
Title: 01.13.2019
Last modified: 2019-01-20
Back to minutes listing

Business Meeting #1 - January 13, 2019

Active Roll Call (P – Present, NP – Not Present, Ex - Excused):
Br. Adam Aab - P
Br. Wyatt Maney - P
Br. Trevor Cooper - P
Br. Steven Narum - P
Br. Darren Midkiff - Ex
Br. Mathew Boren - NP
Br. Triston Warren - Ex
Br. Greg Arleth - P
Br. Hunter Befort - P
Br. Nate Grady - P
Br. Harrison Powell - P
Br. Ross Trujillo - Ex
Br. Sam Korth - P
Br. Joseph Parackal - P
Br. Gregory Maddra - P
Br. Colin Plunkett - P
Br. Jack Zoellner - P
Br. Sam Penwell - P
Br. Matt Wilson - P
Br. Noah Craig - P
Br. Thomas Fugate - P
Br. Jordan Masterson - Ex
Br. Vikas Bhakta - P
Br. Walter Wilson - P
Br. Jarand Kennedy - P
Br.Alton Rayburn - P
Br. Bryce Goetz - P
Br. Tristan Hull - P
Br. Devin Bingham - P
Br. Mandeep Saha - NP
Br. Sam Saley - P
Br. Putnam Franklin - NP
Br. Grant Davidson - P

Others:






OFFICER REPORTS

NEW OFFICERS SWORN IN

President:
Athletics: W
Wyatt maney
Sam Saley - Historian
ASK Liason - Nate Grady
VP:
Pledge educator is Greg, Asst. is Darren
Women’s march is next saturday

Secretary:


Treasurer:
Almost finished the budget, in drive by tonight. Dues will be around 500-520.
Are we going to get fall T-Shirts?
Trevor says no, we can just get good spring shirts. Seconded by Br. Arleth
We were considering for the extra money, lower dues, nicer shirt, second shirt, hoodie, etc

Risk Management:
Attic is now off limits without respirator. Inspector coming tuesday to spray the mold on second and third floor.

Recruitment:
Event on monday, know the people that you want to rush. Union tabling is the first event, need three or four people. 11-1 Pm. Welcome back will be in the Union as well on 21st, subject to change. Looking at hot chocolate thursday at the dorms. Definitely having movie night Super Troopers in Nielsen, then dinner then board game. Trampoline park or rollerblading, invite only. General consensus is rollerblading over trampoline park. One thinks trampoline. One wants to consider price difference. Trampoline park is slightly more expensive. Definitely game nights and LAN parties coming. If you want to set something up at the house then let Thomas know. Nerf is the last big event, then LAN with Adam. Tabling, Welcome Back, Hot Chocolate?, Movie night, all this week. Not a fan of chalking because of weather, so maybe just a lot of flyering and emailing list.

New Member Educator:
We don’t really have a big pledge class right now


Academics:
For this rush schedule, we will require hours after the 25th. Setting up a formula taking in account Year, GPA, FNG, will set up a list on GD and have a spreadsheet on how many hours. Will set up a canvas course with study materials.

Social:
First few weeks will be light. Does want to do poker night on Tuesday from 7 to whenever. Bring change to play for some money. Wants to keep doing movie night, let Sam know. Mentioned having Trampolin/Roller being social and recruiting event. If you have ideas, let Sam know. Wyatt wants to go see Glass on Friday.

Philanthropy:
First, philanthropy, 4 for everyone. Big event is going to be the best time to get hours. Planning other events. TASK philanthropy? Will be meeting with people that still need hours to catch people up so they're not excluded.

House Manager:
Keep your stuff clean. House looked bad over break, no Mop Head. Don’t go in the attic. Report mold to Sam, Greg, or Neal. If you didn’t go to work day, do a make up. Anyone living in house, after after meeting they are going to make a dish schedule

House Director:
So he is going to go through downstairs to get rid of things that aren't being used, extra weights. To free up space and use the money for something the chapter wants. Some of the washing machines and dryers will have to go most likely. Stick to dish schedule, something where people on the left side will be one week people on the other will be the next week. Good news, met housing requirement for next semester already. Fauts is happy. Jack’s dog would likely be living in house next semester <3.
Trevor: People ask for alumni funding, so if you want the alums to fund something, come to trevor with a concrete plan. That will make it much easier for Trevor to go to Camden about it. Already, April 13th, April 20th, dates for national founders day. Probably not too fancy. Next November will be Local 40th Anniversary. You will get an email about all of it. We want to have a great 40th. Wyatt wants to do it on 4/20. Trevor agrees but is still taking opinions.

Athletics Chair:
Basketball, table tennis, badminton, pickleball, soccer, softball, footgolf, golf, all this semester. Sign up. Sports. You’re welcome.


Historian:
Nothing to report

ASK Liason:
Nothing to report

Old Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes

New Business:

Pass Meeting Minutes
Pass the budget


Announcements:
Over the break, Alton met someone who does work for OU. He does charity work. He needs people to supervise, talk to Alton. He doesn’t Study Abroad in Africa for engineers. Talk to Alton again.
Calendar stuff for secretary.
Jack and Greg are driving to Stillwater to get a Triangle crest from an OSU Alum. They are going to talk to him about naturalizing with our alumni organization. They are going to figure out where to put the crest. Maybe on the third floor.
Hunter Befort is no longer an official. He won’t be returning to OU. Talk to Sam or Hunter about it. He would be happy to hear from you.
Greg is going to reach out about starting the process of a composite. Make ups can be done
Coffee with ASK will probably happen pending their meeting today.
No chapter dinner tonight.

Brother of the Week: Greg, Jack, and Br. Guy from OSU.

Mophead: None

Quote of the Week:




Update: https://outriangle.org/control/minutes.php?action=new