Name: 37
Title: Meeting Minutes for 04-01-01
Last modified: 2005-08-27
Back to minutes listing

   Meeting Minutes for 04-01-01

Meeting Minutes for 04-01-01 (Meeting #11)

Meeting Start 6:30pm

Roll Call (those present, unless otherwise denoted)

Br. Wheatley
Br. Kraft -- ABSENT
Br. Yarrison
Br. Powell -- LATE
Br. Martin
Br. Lowe -- ABSENT (excused)
Br. Garner -- LATE
Br. Aldridge
Br. Rogers
Br. Ycedo
Br. Branson
Br. Lewis
Br. Siard
Br. Williams
Br. Rye -- ABSENT (excused)
Br. Meizlish
Br. Scott
Br. McCann -- LATE
Br. Kirkpatrick
Br. Gilland -- LATE
Br. Thomas
Br. Martin
Br. Abernethy
Pl. Mulder
Pl. Cantu
Pl. Murphy
Pl. Brumbaugh

Pre-meeting notes:

In reference to the Apache house residents:
  - "Even Windows is smarter than these guys!"
  - "There is no excuse for not knowing what time it is!"

We need to reduce quorum from 3/4's. Most like 2/3's.

* Minutes from the February 25th, 2001, meeting were passed.
* Minutes from the March 2nd, 2001, meeting were passed.

President's Report
- For those of you who haven't seen it, we're doing composite photos this Tuesday. Talk to Hugh tonight if you can't make it. It'll be 5-6:30 PM. I'm also going to pass around a sign-up sheet for individual times. You'll only need to be there for about 5 minutes. Wear your suits or business attire (at least shirt & tie) with your badge. I'll try to have an extra badge there in case you need one. Pledges should be in the picture.
- College Bowl is April 9th through 11th. It's a lot like academic bowl in high school. Questions are easy, dealing with pop culture and stuff. If you're interested in doing this, I have the form. We'll need a team of about six people to participate.
- If you need to talk to somebody, call the Number 9 line. It's: 325-NYNE. You can also volunteer if you want to help people.
- The speakers bureau is having a lecture by Consuelo Castillo Kickbusch about being a leader in the community.
- I still have the form for Order of Omega. If anyone is interested, contact me.

House discussion:
- Br. Tingler and Br. Wheatley have been running the numbers for keeping the Manor. We looked at likely residents, and came up with 17 people. That won't quite do it. We need at least 19 to keep rent at $300 a month.
- We're looking at having borders. It's something we should start talking to people about. If you know somebody who's going into apartments next year, ask them about this possibility. If not, our only option is raising rent to $325/month. And if we lose people, we'll need more than that.
- We'll need to confirm numbers by the end of the semester.
- We think we can get the renovations done by the end of the summer. Most of the major stuff will be done first. The last things done will be painting, and decorating, etc.
- Once we have the open space in the basement, there's a good chance we'll do aftermeetings down there. We shouldn't have to ask them to leave on Sundays.
- We plan to leave the decorating of individual rooms up to brothers. We'll ask for a security deposit, but you can do what you want with your rooms. You may have to move your stuff for a day, depending on when renovations need to be made.
- There are two major divisions to the work: code issues (sprinklers) and rennovaton (painting, carpet, etc). The code issues will be done over summer -- replacing wiring, building a wall around the elevator in the basement, etc. That might spill over into the start of the school year. The painting, sanding, etc. will take longer.

Vice-President's Report
- I need some banquet numbers. I don't mind last minute excuses, but I need to know who can be there on April 21st. I assume it'll be about $300-$400 for the banquet total. It should be around $15-$20 per person.
- Aftermeeting is at 9:30 pm.
- Let's meet after the composite pictures on Tuesday for dinner. Let's meet at 7 PM at the Manor.
- We'll have a Mom's day dinner this Saturday. I'd like to try for a 2 PM lunch/dinner. Send me an email if you're bringing your parents.

Secretary's Report
- Nothing to report.

Treasurer's Report
- We didn't have that many people pay last month, so we're a little edgy.
- Please pay up!
- Composite wants 75% of the up-front money Tuesday. We need your money!
- Please bring your payment to the aftermeeting.

Rush Chairman's Report
- Nothing to report.

Chapter Editor's Report
- The Event Horizon is being passed around. Make corrections, and give me any suggestions.
- We'll do folding and stapling at 4 PM on Tuesday at the Manor.

House Manager's Report
- We need to clean before having parents over. Let's do Thursday at 6PM. We'll need to rake leaves, and vacuum.

Social Chairman's Report
- We have a party coming up on the 14th.
- T-shirts will be made tomorrow.
- Had a social meeting on Friday.
- Next social meeting will be on the 12th of April (the Thursday before the party) after 6PM

Scholarship Chairman's Report
- You can no longer drop a class without dean's permission.
- I have one issue for aftermeeting tonight.

Athletics Chairman's Report
- We should set up a soccer practice sometime this week. I'll leave that to Br. Abernethy.
- Is Volleyball/Basketball on Fridays a weekly thing?

Alumni Relations Chairman's Report
- Founders Day Banquet is coming up. I'll send out more information once I get it.

Pledge Educator's Report
- Thank you to Br. Aldridge for coming and speaking.
- An invitation was extended to Br. Siard for speaking as Treasurer.

Pledge Class President's Report
- Nothing to report.
- It's April, and you don't have a pledge class name yet!

IFC Representative's Report
- The meeting was moved to this Tuesday coming up. It'll be at 4:30 PM at the Pike house.

Philanthropy Chairman's Report
- There is a philanthropy event that will cost $100 for 6 people to go. They'll be raising money for Childrens' Miracle Network. It's old fashioned competition -- like people running in sacks as stuff. This $100 includes a meal and t-shirts. The event will happen on April 12th. This is the Phi Mu's.
- We have Adopt An Area tonight.

Alpha Sigma Kappa Liaison's Report
- I haven't heard anything from them.
- Let them know there's going to be a party on the 14th.

Historian's Report
- It seems Br. Abernethy has found another photo album. It was empty! Now we can start putting more photos in.
- MPA: Historian needs to document certain events for President's trophy next year.

Public Relations Chairman
- Nothing to report.

Reaper Report
- Nothing to report.

Executive Committee Report
- We met.
- We'll meet again. Next Wednesday at 10:30 am.

Old Business
- No old business.

New Business
- No new business.

Action Item List
TNL and AGM: Take care of the T-shirts for the party.
MAB: I need to get invitations out by Tuesday for the party.
KLR: I need to get play tickets for my parents when they come in.
KLR and MWY: I need to start on my design project.
Shape of Space guys: get presentations together by next Thursday.


Br. Wheatley
- Remoron, the sleep aid, is great.
- The global economy is great. I ordered a CD from France on Friday, and it arrived on Monday. It was cheaper than I could buy at Best Buy.

Br. Yarrison
- Most people had their hellish weeks before Spring Break... I had mine before, during, and after.
- I'm glad I have three quarters of a chemical engineering design group. I wish the other quarter would show up.
- I have a 95 Saturn station wagon waiting for me in Colorado.

Br. Powell
- My brother bought a new truck. It's a Chevy Silverado Z71, all tricked out. It gets 12 gallons to the mile.

Br. Martin
- I also had a hellish week after Spring Break.
- I'm getting in better shape.
- Tulsa won the NIT. Last time was back in 1981.
- School is bad, but there's just five weeks of it left.

Br. Aldridge
- Most people had their hellish weeks before Spring Break. I had mine after.

Br. Rogers
- Soccer is cool, hence the socks.
- As Trevor put it, Trek is somebody you want on your team playing soccer.
- We have quorum now.
- It took me until Friday of Spring Break to get the sizing for my best man's tux.
- My parents are coming out for Mom's day.

Br. Ycedo
- I had a really bad class week.
- My case was dismissed.

Br. Branson
- Unlike James, I got quite a bit sunburned at the Big Event.
- A different type of gesture of friendship was given to Br. Siard.
- Tuesday will be a long, sucky day, but after that, my week is really easy.

Br. Lewis
- Soccer was fun. I think I broke my little brother. I scared the other team.
- I broke a machine at Huston Huffman.

Br. Siard
- All my mathly goodness has been removed from me for the week.
- The math lecture on Thursday about the history of American mathematics will be interesting.
- Chemical reagent of the week: Aqua regia

Br. Williams
- Things have the ability to improve.
- I may go for a double major in English writing, which would include summer school.
- It's been an interesting week.

Br. Meizlish
- "He's a boy from Noble."
- I started lifting weights a week and a half ago, and I'm paying the price.
- I had fun playing basketball the other day. Very fun, very exhausting.
- Now that my calc test is over with, I look forward to a week of too much work.

Br. Scott
- I'd be at the Final Four today, but instead, I have an exam tomorrow.

Br. Kirkpatrick
- Two tests, and it'll be an interesting week.

Br. Thomas
- I previously had something to say, but I should have amended it before now so ...
- No announcement.

Br. Martin
- Soccer was fun.

Br. Abernethy
- My odometer went to 66,666.66 miles just as I was entering Norman.
- We played indoor soccer today, but we lost.

Pl. Mulder
- Owww...

Pl. Cantu
- I usually need time to think about what to say.
- A gesture of friendship to Br. Siard.

Pl. Murphy
- Too many books to read for this Tuesday's history test.
- Had a good time at the Big Event.
- Overall, I had a decent week.

Pl. Brumbaugh
- Is this the part where I say how my week was? If you want to know what happens when friends turn against you, talk to me.

Final Announcement
- Br. Aldridge for creating the application for this year's President's Trophy.

Meeting End 7:42pm