Name: 33
Title: Meeting Minutes for 09-30-01
Last modified: 2005-08-27
Back to minutes listing




   
   
   
   Meeting Minutes for 09-30-01




Meeting Minutes for 09-30-01 (Meeting #7)

Meeting Start 6:30pm

Roll Call (those present, unless otherwise denoted)

Br. Powell
Br. Garner
Br. Aldridge
Br. Rogers
Br. Branson
Br. Lewis
Br. Siard
Br. Williams
Br. Meizlish
Br. Scott
Br. McCann
Br. Kirkpatrick -- ABSENT (excused)
Br. Gilland -- LATE
Br. Thomas
Br. Martin
Br. Abernethy
Br. Cantu
Br. Murphy
Br. Brumbaugh
Pl. Hafner
Pl. Collie -- ABSENT
Pl. Reif
Pl. Pounder
Pl. Ulmer
Pl. Knous -- ABSENT (excused)
Pl. Machulis -- ABSENT
Pl. Anderson

* Minutes from the September 23, 2001, meeting were passed.

President's Report
- Forms went off to National this week. Everything that is due has been sent out. I'm going to pass around the yellow copies of the Form A's to the pledges.

Vice-President's Report
- We have cabins secure for retreat. That's October 13; it's two weeks away. We have four  maybes. If you have sleeping bags, I'd ask that you bring them to the Manor on Friday.
- Dinner on Tuesday. Cooking: MBW, AGM. Cleanup: MPA, TRA, JAT, SCS, Pledge Reif.
- Aftermeeting will be at 9pm.

Secretary's Report
- I want to update the pledges mailing list sometime this week.

Treasurer's Report
- Bills are out. Pay your bills.
- We have national active fee and pledging fees off. IFC bills are paid.
- Insurance is coming up. We still don't know how we'll be paying for that. We may have to ask the Alumni for help.

Rush Chairman's Report
- No report.

Chapter Editor's Report
- Br. Wheatley needs to write his article before he forgets everything.

House Manager's Report
- Tomorrow is the first of the month. The big trash pickup day is on the sixth.
- We'll have a house committee meeting after dinner on Tuesday.
- On Friday, we need to take everything we want to throw away out to the curb. This includes the mattress in the basement, and the pile in the laundry room will all need to go out.
- After 6pm on Friday, we'll have a house cleanup/work day. We'll have a little party during and afterwards as well.
- If anybody wants to throw anything else away, talk to me before (such as at the house meeting on Tuesday).

Social Chairman's Report
- We had a party last night. The turnout was good.
- We got a pool table last night. It's about 80% put-together. But it needs love and work, and I don't have the time.

Scholarship Chairman's Report
- The next chem test is not this upcoming week, but the week after. We'll have a study session before that day.
- Keep studying.

Athletics Chairman's Report
- TRA: We're officially registered for the upcoming indoor (soccer) season. If you want to play, let me know. If you signed up, and can't do it, tell me. Money will be due by the 15th of the month. That'll be our first game. It'll be $40-$50 per person.

Alumni Relations Chairman's Report
- Hurray for Br. Burgess. He gave us money!
- Some alumni came to the party.

IFC Representative's Report
- No meeting last week.
- There's a meeting at Sigma Phi Epsilon on Tuesday at 4:30pm.

Philanthropy Chairman's Report
- You can go to coaches on Monday at 7pm. You give them $1 for a raffle ticket, and it benefits the Thunderbird clubhouse (a safe place for people with mental illness). Prizes are scholarships and OU/Texas tickets.
- The Salvation Army wants people to ring bells for them. We have to call them and set up a time block. I'll email this out and see how many people are interested.
- MAB: I called Ms. Hathoway about our sign. She doesn't know what happened to it, and she's going to look into it.

Alpha Sigma Kappa Liaison's Report
- Nothing to report.

Historian's Report
- Party was cool. We got lots of pictures.
- Hopefully, I'll post the pictures on the website this week.

Public Relations Chairman
- Br. Wheatley and I worked together to put out a press release for the new pledges. We're getting the addresses of their hometown newspapers.

Pledge Educator's Report
- No report.

Reaper Report
- Nothing to report.
- MAB: Remind me about calling Four Star Security.

Social Committee Report
- We talked about what happened last night.

Executive Committee Report
- Did not meet.
- We did set up a time, but few showed up.
- Our next meeting will be on Sunday before the meeting (at 5:30pm).

Old Business
- No old business.

New Business
- We've got legislation from convention to pass. The only thing we must vote on are pieces that involve the constitution or ritual. We had only one piece of legislation at convention that involves those elements, we have only one vote.
   - They took out all references to the education foundation for tax reasons. They're separate foundations, and they have unique tax statuses.
   - We do need to take a vote of active members on that.
   - All those in favor: 18. All opposed: 0.

Action Item List
MDS: Update the email list with the pledges mailing addresses.
TRA: Br. Wheatley needs to write his article.
(Actives): Pay your bills!
KLR: Learn my lines for Richard III.

Announcements

Br. Powell
- Bar tending was cool.

Br. Garner
- I might get an on-site interview with National Instruments in Boston.

Br. Aldridge
- I want to give my heart-felt thanks to those at the party last night. It was a wonderful experience.

Br. Rogers
- Despite my objection to the one announcement rule, I have nothing to say.

Br. Branson
- Pledges suck. I'm sick.

Br. Lewis
- Shona's expected due date is somewhere around the 5th of October. However, if she doesn't have the baby then, they'll induce labor on the 13th. That means I won't be around a whole lot in the next few weeks.

Br. Siard
- Nothing to report.

Br. Williams
- Plague has infested my entire apartment.

Br. Meizlish
- Physically, emotionally, and intellectually, this was the most draining week I've ever had.

Br. Scott
- Nothing to report.

Br. McCann
- Pool tables rock.

Br. Gilland
- I had friends in town for the party last night. Mike McCormick was really fun. He'll be here in two years, and he'll be micro-bio. I'm rushing him.

Br. Thomas
- The brown sheep fly farthest.

Br. Martin
- Garner and Rachel rule. They helped out Andy, who is apparently fine.

Br. Abernethy
- I made $0.75 on the weekend.

Br. Cantu
- I dropped my 8:30. I'm happy.

Br. Murphy
- Yeah, party. Boo, pledge plague.

Br. Brumbaugh
- S gut.

Pl. Hafner
- I want to thank Mark and Rachel for helping me out last night. Now, I'm just hungry as hell.

Pl. Reif
- I want to thank the pack of ASK nurses, Trevor, and certain other triangles who came to visit afterwards. They nursed me back to health. I also want to curse whatever Triangle that got this thing first. I want to thank the makers of Narcotics.

Pl. Ulmer
- The Physical Plant is kicking me out of my room for 6 hours to remove asbestos.

Pl. Pounder
- DJ'ing was enjoyable last night.

Pl. Knous
- (His car blew up, and he's stranded in Bartlesville.)

Pl. Anderson
- I'm immune to the plague.

Final Announcement
- Goes to Br. Lewis for the party.

Meeting End 7:00pm